Muladhara – Root Chakra Meditation
- Find a comfy chair, a meditation cushion, under your favorite tree, in your bed…totally up to you.
- If it feels good, play some super chill music. My favorite right now is Sonic Yogi. Maybe even light a candle.
- Close down your eyes.
- Start by taking some long inhales/exhales. I usually do 3-5. Listen to YOUR body.
- On the inhale, imagine you are breathing in a bright, sparkly, healing white or gold light that is full of the best vibes. On the exhale, release ANYTHING that is no longer serving you. Repeat.
- A great grounding mantra is “I am safe, I am connected, I am grounded.”
- Once you are in the zone, gently release your thoughts. Your mind will fight you on this but that is OK. Always go easy on yourself! If a thought pops in, acknowledge it and let it go by. Repeat. Try focusing on your breath & how it feels in your body.
- Now…just chill. You are meditating. Yay!
I kick it root down, I put my root downBeastie Boys, Root Down
I kick it root down, I put my root down
So how we gonna kick it? Gonna kick it root down